Wednesday, January 16, 2008

wanderlust

Wanderlust. An old German word, when translated from the original German means far and ache. What a description of my heart right now. Aching for far places.

It's been about a year and a half since I've been out of the country. A year and a half since I've been a place I've never been before (although, officially i had never been to Savannah). And I've got that ache. That longing to pack my bag and head out, sitting in coffee shops for hours reading. You know, the kind with book exchanges, because really when you're hiking through south west china, do you really want to carry around more than one book? Eating fresh pineapple for breakfast in an open air restaurant, with nothing on the agenda but the beach, which oh by the way is just a block away.

These blogs are definitely NOT curbing my desire to travel...

friends of a friend. i see their pictures and I'm actually back there. every day i have to fight the urge to buy a plane ticket

never really thought about going to Vietnam until i stumbled across their blog a couple of weeks ago. it also makes me want to adopt a little Vietnamese boy REAL bad too!

And my good friend/old roommate is spending the next month-ish travelling all over the pacific rim area. don't worry I'm not jealous. not at all. ha.

No comments: