Monday, January 02, 2012

2011/29 & expectations

well. happy new year! i used to hate that my birthday was on the same day as the last day of the year. no pressure. not only the weight of "did you live the last calendar year to your full potential?" but also "how was this last chronological year?" gah. for a girl who thinks all.the.time. and gets all caught up in memories (and regrets) it's hard. it always has been. i'm hoping it won't always be.

so my birthday ended up...nothing like i expected. not bad, just not what i had planned (i had planned quiet cups of coffee, a walk outside, hours shopping in anthropologie, books read by my still lit christmas tree). it ended up being one quiet cup of coffee, lunch with the fam, seeing War Horse (soo. good. go see it!!), running in and out of anthro, chipotle for dinner and catching up with dear, dear friends.

About half way through my day i laughed at my failed plans and unmet expectations. Why would the last day of 2011, be any different than the year as a whole? again. not bad. it wasn't a bad year, not at all. The resounding theme just seemed to be my expectations not being met. probably because the things i were expecting, hoping in would always disappoint. i blame no one but myself.

in the unmet expectations-i got to experience so much more than i could have thought (expected) this year. ironic. mainly. i found myself on a plane to a new favorite place every oh, 2 months or so. what a beautiful (and expensive) addiction.


[downtown portland at night]


[rocky mountains]


[frontier ranch, co]


[pikes market, seattle]


[fairhaven, wa]


[sandpoint, id]


[great grandmas ranch house, bonners ferry, id. mom & i]


[ft.lewis, wa. my little bro on the left. stud]


[montreat college, nc]


what will 2012 hold? i think its too early to tell, although i already have tickets to San Jose in march...so i have a feeling it will be a grand, grand year.

5 comments:

very high requirements for their wedding dresses said...

The article is very well written! Thank you very much for giving me a chance to read such a wonderful article! I want to buythis Mori Lee wedding dresses wedding dress, but my husband prefers another one.Could you give us some advice about Pronovias wedding dresses wedding dress in this regard?

very high requirements for their wedding dresses said...

Is this article about Sottero Midgley wedding dresses wedding dress by you?

very high requirements for their wedding dresses said...

Thank you for you article, and I learnt from it that you must be a kind-hearted person. I want to buy this Mori Lee 2520 wedding dress while my fiancé prefers another. Mori Lee 2521 wedding dress Could you be so kind as to offer me more articles to introduce this Mori Lee 35041 wedding dress further more? Every bride who is planning to buy a Mori Lee 35042 wedding dress will be grateful for your help and may you good luck!

Anonymous said...

I comment each time I especially enjoy a article on a
blog or if I have something to add to the conversation. It
is triggered by the fire displayed in the post
I read. And after this post "2011/29 & expectations". I was actually
excited enough to drop a comment :-) I do have a
couple of questions for you if you do not mind. Could it be simply me
or do a few of the comments look like they are written by brain dead visitors?
:-P And, if you are writing on additional online sites, I'd like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post. Could you list the complete urls of all your shared sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

my webpage caribbean cruise destination

Hamid Mehmood said...

Find information about seo here.

www.penguingproofseo.com

Please comment.