Tuesday, July 04, 2006

un-american???

so I'm sitting at home flipping through the channels when i see one of the televised fourth of july fireworks shows. And i'm struck. I knew today was the 4th, and had two seperate invites to go watch the fireworks here but didn't go with either. it just didn't seem like a big deal to me. granted I'm not feeling well and have had a cold all week, but still it's the 4th of july and i wonder if i should have gone out.

For some reason holiday's just aren't that big anymore. I don't know why, maybe it was celebrating them unconventionally overseas (even though we sure did have an easter egg hunt around the lake at one of the universities), maybe it's being so far away from my family, or maybe i've turned into this huge introvert who would rather chill than celebrate with a lot of people. who knows. I'm hoping it's just the cold...

No comments: