Friday, July 03, 2009

broken...

So my totally awesome friend is an absolute incredible writer/poet/a million other things and has been working on this series for a while now. although beautiful to read, until last week it was just poetry expressing her heart. Now I read it and my heart explodes with that EXACT same emotion. Good grief!

The Breaking part IV

There is no in between anymore.
Now is all I have, with faces burned
In memory of there – of where
It is dark.
Faces in the dark.
Sparked, they need fanning
To flame.
But I sit, wait,
An ocean away.

I break:

Sure of one thing.
Light wins.
Unsure of everything

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks friend! Funny thing, though. This poem is part 4 of a different series than the ones I'd been posting. I just didn't post the first 3 parts. Just fyi. ;-) Love.