Friday, February 25, 2011

generous



i have the best neighbor. his name is george. when it snowed for 3 days straight (ok, maybe just one) a few weeks ago, i came home to this. never fails. the snow has barely stopped falling and george is out shovelling our sidewalk and steps.

this morning at 5:15, i go out to scrape the layers of snow and ice of my car.* i open the door and who do i see? george. digging my car out and scraping it. at 5:15am!! because he knows that i leave at 5:30. are you kidding me?

generous, i tell you. extravagant, even. undeserved like grace, but oh so welcome.

i learned a lot about generosity this week. over and over. and then some more.

*it actually wasn't my car. it was the kautzi's car. which they loaned to me, in the middle of a snowstorm, with a sicky baby in tow. because my car is in the shop, getting detailed, for free. because i spilled chili all over it.

see what i mean about generous? over and over and over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is your other neighbor. Yes, George is such a lovely and generous man. I'm so fortunate to live on the other side of him!

Deanna B. said...

It's amazing how having good people around you can make trying situations more bearable. I'm glad your surrounded by such wonderful people.

Hamid Mehmood said...

Find information about seo here.

www.penguingproofseo.com

Please comment.