Tuesday, April 06, 2010

grace and glory



"oh no" she cried. "You can't mean it. You said if I would trust you, you would bring me to the high places, and that path leads right away from them. It contradicts all that you promised." "no", the Shepard said, "It is not a contradiction, only a postponement for the best to become possible"

"You really mean that I am to follow that path down and down into that wilderness and then over that desert, away from the mountains indefinitely? Why? It may be months, even years before that path leads back to the mountains again. O Shepard, do you mean it is an indefinite postponement?"

He bowed his head silently and Much Afraid sank on her knees at his feet almost overwhelmed. He was leading her away from her hearts desire all together and gave no promise at all as to when he would bring her back. (Hinds Feet in High places, Hannah Hurnard)

"Therefore, strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble, and make straight paths for your feet, so that the limb which is lame maybe not be put out of joint, but rather be healed" Heb 12:12-13

My broken limbs are being set and healed in the wilderness. In the flat desert. Its not fun. But its beautiful. Waiting for the best to become possible. And one day the path will turn and I will be brought to the mountain. And I will be able to run.

2 comments:

nat said...

I totally feel you on all counts above & am crying right now as I read & write. Oh dear friend! He will heal us & I'm wanting to believe that as much as you are (I think!). Miss you!

Cassie said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. Thank you for the reminder that our pain now is just leading us to our way the best God has for us. So encouraging